Wednesday 19 January 2011

Amazing Crafters - Jewellery

It might seem a little ridiculous to be posting this right after advertising my own crafty store but I've only just got out all the business cards I collected from the Arts Festival held in Edinburgh during August.

http://www.eclecticshock.net/

This seller would have literally had no stock left if my bank balance had been a bit more full! The most incredibly chunky, bright and delightfully eclectic charm bracelets and necklaces I've ever seen. Truly unique pieces.

They also offer a really interesting service called 'Revive Your Jewels', where they take your old pieces of jewelry and use them to create new charm bracelets and necklaces. I think this is an amazing idea if you have any random pieces that you've inherited or found in a charity shop or antiques market that you aren't sure how to wear or use.



http://www.jollygoodstudio.co.uk/

My favourite bits on this stall were the jewellery made from Scrabble tiles and dominoes; as a domino enthusiast this genuinely made me so excited!

I've since had a nose around her site and found they also make t-shirts, bags, a whole variety of crafty bits and bobs. The lady behind it all also blogs quite often, updates about her life, crafting and ideas.

I also found her link to a post about her Edinburgh here and was reminded of how much I loved her area! It has been transformed from an emotionless, empty stall area to a pretty little haven full of quirky patterns and beautiful jewels. The third picture down made me so excited too; I had forgotten about the framed fabric letters/words. I think they're so incredibly simple but I can imagine that having one would create a really kitschy and quirky feel in a room or area. The post mentions that she takes commissions, so I think that'll be going on my birthday list...




http://www.samesamejewellery.co.uk/

Really affordable site (they're having a particularly fabulous sale at the moment) selling great chunky rings, cameo bangles and sterling silver pieces made from a combination of new and vintage charms. Pieces that vary from elegant and traditional cocktail pieces to more quirky bits and bobs

http://www.kimbarelly.etsy.com/

Gorgeous snapshot necklaces and unique, geometric brooches and earrings made from wood and various charity shop finds


No comments:

Post a Comment