Friday 4 February 2011

(4) Errands & Welcome Home Cardigan!

Tights: Dorothy Perkins
DP are fab for tights, great selection of colours and a really nice velvet, opaque feel.

Bit of a lazy day today, just running errands with Darcy, so I had to be comfortable. First thing this morning I checked the post and found that my uncle had posted my floral cardigan to me so I was so excited I had to include it in my outfit straight away, so I worked down from that. The boots are really comfortable and grippy so they were good for conducting myself properly while the dog pulled on the lead, whereas the skirt is a stretchy, jersey number so very comfy.

The top I actually bought last summer, it's a really nice cotton with a bit of embroidery on it. The hems are sewn with purple thread so I was tempted to wear my purple pumps, but they aren't quite so useful for dog management and I wasn't quite sure about the red tights/purple combo - is that something anybody else would try?


I let my hair dry naturally too today, so it was quite wavy and bushy (thin Hermione in the first few films) but I quite like it wild. I kept my makeup basic too, although I did wear on of Urban Decay's lipsticks in the shade Buzzkill. I also have two sticks of Lovechild from UD. I love their lipsticks; gorgeous colours, easy to apply and really moisturising, they feel like a balm and yet deliver fantastic colour.

Also it's Darcy's birthday tomorrow so I went and bought her a few presents. She's settled into her haircut, but I'm not sure if I have quite yet; she looks very different! Still very cuddly though :)


I love Darcy's collar, it was a hand-me-down from her big brother. It's patterned with red, yellow,
green and blue hearts so we matched today.

Close up hair and necklace, which I bought in France whilst
skiing about 3 years ago.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet and fun look - the flowers, the bright tights, the striped shirt! You look adorable. (PS--I'd totally wear red tights with purple pumps!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so adorable! love the look and your sun room (background?) is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baha I hadn't even paid attention to the background, and now I look closely I see that the sofas are turned backwards still (clean sofas, muddy puppy, boo) and the patio umbrella is laying on one of them :) xx

    ReplyDelete