Friday 4 February 2011

Mercy Me, I love Alliteration

So this is my first time participating in the Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday.... here goes.

1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?

As I'm still only really starting out in blogging, I'm still really eager (perhaps overly so) to join in with these events. For instance, just this February I am participating in Frugal February, The 30 for 30 Remix, and The Shoeper Shoe Challenge. However, this is in no way jumping on the bandwagon. All of these events are things that I think will help me achieve what I want to do, be it getting more out of my wardrobe or curbing unneccesary spending. I think that if participating in any event begins to feel like a chore then that is when I won't get involved; I blog for fun.


2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?

Not yet... fingers crossed I remain strong, although almost certainly mid-March I'll find myself doing 5 challenges, writing guest-posts every week and suddenly realise I haven't posted a stupid drawing of my dog since January.



3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?

As the 30 for 30 Challenge was my first fashion blogging event, I was keen to make sure I keep the stamp of my blog on it. Instead of photographing all of my items, I drew them all instead. It was arduous and made my hand ache, but it kept my blog looking like my blog and, therefore, kept it unique.


4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind?

The most important criteria for content that I post is whether I will be able to write it in my own voice. While I do blog about Fashion and Beauty, I blog for myself, it's somewhere for me to say what I think and feel. I do love the sense of community and I have learnt more from fashion blogs about style than I ever have from the thousands of magazines I've read over the years.



5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?

If I am following a blog it is because there is something in it that I like; it might be the author's way of styling their outfits, or their voice, or the way they always respond to comments. I always find new posts interesting and exciting and, where I can, I comment or tweet. I also always re-tweet my favourite posts and bloggers. It isn't about you-scratch-I-scratch-yours; I just want to share things I enjoy with my followers and hope that they get pleasure from it.

3 comments:

  1. i love alliterations too! and i enjoyed reading your answers! isn't it fun to be a part of FBFF?! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you drew them? I ran back to see - amazing! That must have been so time consuming, but they look great!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love FBFF! It's like being interviewed, and I love being able to see everybody's answers :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete